88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Dolly Parton | |
|---|---|
Parton in 1977 | |
| Born | Dolly Rebecca Parton January 19, 1946 |
| Died | August 25, 2026 (aged 80) Nashville, Tennessee, U.S. |
| Occupations |
|
| Years active | 1956–2026 |
| Spouse | Carl Dean (m. 1966; died 2025) |
| Relatives |
|
| Awards | Full list |
| Musical career | |
| Genres | |
| Instruments |
|
| Works | |
| Labels | |
| Website | dollyparton |
| Signature | |
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
By now, virtually everyone has heard about the passing of Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton, Country Music Superstar Whose Songs Spoke to Millions, Dies at 80 - The New York Times
While there has been universal praise for Dolly, what I have found particularly interesting is the response within the African American community.
In my Memorial Service activities for the Black Alumni of Amherst College, I read a list that includes the names of the White Friends of the Black Alumni. In my blogging activities, I do not have such a list. However, I do have a separate blog where I list the people I call the Righteous. For what it is worth in this World, Dolly Parton will be added to my List of the Righteous. And in remembering her, I encourage everyone to listen to one of her greatest musical collaborations.
I am sure that the Doors of Heaven have opened wide open for this Angel.
Peace,
Everett "Skip" Jenkins
Class of 1975
August 27, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment